The holidays are upon us and so is the party season!
We all know that changing your look from the office bullpen to the dance floor can be time consuming and a bit daunting, but it needn’t be.
On the day of your office party make sure you prime your skin, groom your eyebrows, apply your mascara and set your makeup in the morning and also pack your setting spray or powder along with your long-lasting concealer in your makeup bag together with the other items you will need to help keep your makeup fresh looking when it’s time for the transformation from work mode to party mood!
Products I recommend:
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer – £55 for 30 ml
- MAC Prep + Prime CC Cream with SPF 30 – £25 for 30 ml
- Kevyn Aucoin precision Eye pencil – £21
- Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Pencil – £7,99
- MAC Prolongwear Waterproof Brow set – £14,50
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes – £25
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Push Up Ultra Black – £8,99
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Setting Spray – £23,50 for 118ml
- NYX Long Lasting Setting Spray – £7 for 60ml
- MAC Prolongwear concealer – £18
- Sleek Corrector & concealer palette – £7,99
Your everyday makeup look usually consists of little more than tinted moisturiser, so why not try a CC cream as it will also help to blur skins’ imperfections while unifying your skintone, concealer, mascara and lipstick. You’ve neither the time nor the inclination for a more elaborate routine, but when getting ready for your night out you still want to feel and look like yourself while adding a bit of sparkle to your makeup look.
- Chanel CC Complete Correction SPF 50 – £46 for 30 ml
- Sleek MakeUp CC Cream SPF29 – £8,99 for 25 ml
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Fanfare – £16,50
- NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Tea Rose – £4
When getting ready for your office party, after any touch ups your day makeup might need, add a touch of shimmer eyeshadow to the centre of your eyelid to make your eyes pop and a touch of glittery lipgloss over your lipstick, then put your dancing shoes on and you’re ready to party!
- Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise Long-Lasting Cream Eyeshadow in Jean – £22
- Rimmel Scandal’Eyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bulletproof Beige – £4,49
- Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss in Subtil – £26
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Lip Gloss in Disco Ball – £6,99
You feel more comfortable with neutral tones during the day but aren’t afraid of colour. You like to take some time with your makeup, doing your eyeshadow and blusher to enhance you features. In this look I used Fashion Fair Fast Finish Stick Foundation in Teak (£26) and MAC Blot Powder Pressed in Deep Dark (£21,50) on Yaourou on the T-Zone to remove excess shine. Apply a warm neutral eyeshadow all-over the top lid and a deeper shade on the outer corner and crease. Blend some cream blusher to the apple of your cheeks for a healthy, fresh look and slick some lipstick to finish your day look.
- Bobbi Brown Longwear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15 – £34
- ELF Flawless Finish Foundation SPF 15 – £7,50
- MUA Professional Transparent Pressed Setting Powder – £4
- NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde – £25
- Inglot Freedom System Rainbow Eyeshadow in 131 – £6,50 (in standalone stores only)
- Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Stick in Nr21 – £34
- The Body Shop All-in-One Cheek Colour in Flushed – £8
- MAC Lustre Lipstick in Touch – £16,50
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Sheer & Shine in Spin All Spring – £4,99
For your night time look, add some shimmer to your eye makeup by lining your lower lash line with a golden or bronze shade, apply it also on the centre of your upper lid and on the brow bone and blend it in. Add some golden toned highlight to your cheekbones, blending it up to your temples and change you lip colour to a stronger matte shade but first prep and line your lips for a longer lasting colour by applying lip liner to the whole lip , let your hair down and get ready to disco!
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fries – £5,50
- Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil in Amber Haze – £19
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter in Luminous Gold – £6
- Becca Champagne Collection Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlight in Champagne Pop – £24
- MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Uniformly Fabulous – £17,50
- Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolour in Infatuation – £8,99
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Bad Romance – £16
- L’oreal Paris Color Riche Le Lip Liner Magique in Transparent – £4,99
You never leave the house without a full face of makeup on! You love to try new things and know how to make the best of all your assets, but still you like some inspiration occasionally! On the day of your office party choose a full-coverage, long-lasting foundation, sculpt and highlight your face with a sculpting cream applied to the hollows of your cheeks and temples and highlighting cream applied to the cheekbones and other high planes of your face and add a bit of colour with a pop of blush to the apples of your cheeks. After priming your eyelids – if you’re using a long-lasting concealer it will work nicely as an eyeshadow base – line your lash line with a soft pencil and softly blend the outer edge upwards at the outer corner then apply a light shimmer shade all over the eyelid, blending it all the way to the brow bone, apply a dark green shade on the outer corner and blend into the crease and blend over it a gold shade. Finish by applying a lip primer to your lips before your lip pencil and lipstick for a longer lasting effect and a dash of bold colour.
- Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation – £42
- L’oreal Paris Infallible Total Cover Foundation – £9,99
- Illamasqua Gel Sculpt in Silhouette – £25
- NYX Wonder Stick Contour Stick in Universal – £10,50 -contour and highlight duo stick
- Illamasqua Gleam Highlighter in Aurora – £25
- Delilah Colour Blush in Lullaby – £26
- Louise Young Blusher in Mae – £14
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Junkie – £15,50
- Kiko Milano Lasting Precision Automatic Eyeliner and Khol in Forest Green – £6,90
- Dior 5 Couleurs Precious Rocks Colours & Effects Eyeshadow Palette in Emerald – £43,50 – this is a Christmas 2017 Limited Edition
- Maybelline 24 Karat Nudes Eye Shadow Palette – £11,99
- MAC Prep + Prime Lip Lipstick base – £14
- B. Lip Primer – £7,99
- Yves Saint Laurent Dessin des Levres lip liner in 23 – £18,50
- Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in Eastend Snob – £3,99
- TOM FORD Boys & Girls Cream Lip Colour Boys in Patrick – £29
- Maybelline Color Sensational Loaded Bolds Lipstick in Fiery Fuchsia – £6,99
When it’s time for your party, add to the festive mood by applying some accent fake lashes to the outer corners of your eyes to add some Hollywood glam to your look. Intensify your eyeliner by reapplying the eye pencil without smudging it or blending it in and contour the lower lash line and the water line also. You can also apply a liquid or gel liner instead for a stronger, more defined look, reapply a touch of gold to the upper lid and blend it in. Apply a coat of metallic lipgloss in bright red, and voila, you’re all ready to rock around the office Christmas tree!
- Ardell Accent Lashes 318 Black – £4,49
- MAC 20 Lash – £11,50
- Kat Von D Ink Liner in Bukowski – £16
- Kiko Milano Super Colour Eyeliner in Crocodile Green – £6,90
- MAC Pigment in Old Gold – £16
- Morphe Pressed Pigment in Richly Made Up – £6,50
- Kat Von D Everlasting Glimmer Veil liquid lipstick in Rocker or Dazzle – £20 each
- Bourjois Metallic Lip Gloss in Red Carpet – £7,99
Hope you have fun trying the looks, and yes, I have tried, own or have owned all of the products on these lists. Some I use myself and some I have in my makeup kit. Let me know on the comments below if you have any questions about the looks created or the products used.
Have fun at the party!