The Body Shop Skin Defence Multi-Protection Essence SPF50
Stockists: The Body Shop
· Light formula
· Non-greasy formula
· Strong sun protection without leaving a ‘blue tinge’
· UVA and UVB protection
· SPF 50
· Contains Vitamin C and red algae extract
· Suitable for all skin types and shades
· Cruelty free
· Often not in stock online
A feather light, milk-to-water essence with broad spectrum UV filters, brightening red algae and antioxidant Vitamin C, to help protect skin against multiple skin aggressors, while providing utmost comfort.
- UVA Protection: PA++++: Helps protect skin from UVA rays, including long UVA rays, which reach deep within the skin and accelerate the process of skin ageing.
- UVB protection: SPF 50 helps protect skin from UVB rays that trigger redness and damage the skin’s surface.
- Anti-dullness: With red algae extract and vitamin C to brighten skin for a more luminous complexion.
It’s important to incorporate SPF into our skincare routine and this product allows us to do so with ease. It offers strong protection against both type of UV rays without leaving a tinge or residue on the skin that can often be a problem for those of darker skin complexions. This makes it suitable for everyday use regardless of if you’re wearing make-up or not. It moisturises the skin weill without being greasy or leaving your skin looking oily.
At an affordable price for a generous amount, this product can easily become a skincare staple. It is available in two sizes: 40ml and 60ml with the larger volume being better value for money. This product lasts for a good couple of months making it very inexpensive. Annoyingly, it can be difficult to purchase online at times but this only highlights the popularity of it.
The packaging is quite basic but who needs an SPF moisturiser to be glamorous? As the product is less than 100ml and in a slim, streamlined tube, it is easy to pack when travelling and you won’t have to worry about liquid restrictions if you’re travelling with hand luggage only.
Works. 5 stars
Value for Money
Good value for money. 40 ml bottle is £17.00 and 60ml bottle is £21.00
Buy or Bye
Shop the review
Skin defence Multi-Protection Essence SPF50, £17.00-£21.00 at thebodyshop.com